This is a great snack by itself, or can be served as a side dish. Some recipes serve these with plain yogurt seasoned with lime juice, zest, and mint chutney. I went with mashed potatoes and braised chicken. They are delicious!
- 10 medium carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Lime zest (optional)
Heat the oven at 400F.
Cut the carrots in half lengthwise and crosswise. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme leaves, cumin seeds, coriander powder, and turmeric.
Roast for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with mint and lime zest. Enjoy!