This easy-to-make GF Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is inspired by the incredible chef and baker, Julie Wiensch. I did not have apple sauce in the pantry, so I used milk instead. You can also substitute vanilla yogurt for milk.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup regular whole milk, or apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum, omit if your flour blend already has it
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup of grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Heat the oven at 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
Mix the brown sugar, canola oil, eggs, whole milk or apple sauce, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. set aside. Sift together the all purpose gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt, and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to wet. Mix well. Add in grated zucchini and chocolate chips.
Pour the bread mix into the baking pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Enjoy!