This delicious and crumbly pie crust does not require baking gluten free crackers in advance. You can also double or triple the ingredients to freeze additional pie crusts. They last up to 3 months in the freezer.
Adapted from Carla’s Gluten Free Recipe Box. Makes 1 crust:
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/3 cup white or brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour 1/4 cup corn or potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons warm water (warm enough to dissolve honey)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Mix all dry ingredients for crust. Cut butter into dry ingredients. Add water, honey and vanilla together in a cup and whisk thoroughly; add to dry ingredients and blend until a dough is formed.
Press the dough into a pie crust pan, and up the sides about 1/4″ to 1/2″. Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes. If you see the crust browning remove it immediately.